Saturday, April 08, 2006

Second draft is finished

Yesterday I had a marathon writing session. I wrote almost 40 pages and made it to the end of the second draft. Currently it clocks in at 129 pages.

That sounds like a lot, since the last draft was only 79 pages. I really don't have all that much in the way of new content, so the fact that it's so much bigger is due mainly to the fact that I didn't use Word this time. For draft #2, I used a screenwriting program called Final Draft, and it automatically set the margins for the various script elements.

However, it's not ready for public consumption. I need to go back and make some revisions.

Changes I know I'm going to make:
  • Change Rachel's name for something else; I have a character in another project that is named Rachel, so this Rachel's name needs to change. I think I'll change it to Michelle.
  • Insert physical descriptions for all characters, and clothing when necessary.
  • Change the dialogue for Rick and one of the female villains to reflect their respective accents.
  • Examine the way Krystal and "Rachel" interact with each other and make sure that one is consistently portrayed as the leader of the group. Right now they still flip-flop back and forth.
  • Make the dialogue that is supposed to be funny...funny.
  • Find the various notes I've written myself about the second draft and make sure that those changes are made.

Sounds simple enough, eh? Hopefully it won't take me two months to get this done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home